Buy Domain Name, Domain Name Registration Domain Transfer & Free Web Hosting on LimeDomains
Search for:
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 am

admin/build/modules - going blank 

Post admin/build/modules - going blank
I am experimenting with Lime with intent to move some sites . So far the only negative is when I extract a module in sites/all/modules then the admin/build/modules page is often a blank page. Sometimes I can rename the new module and get the screen back, other times not.

I am not the most proficient Drupal user so it may be operator error, either way I would appreciate any suggestions or workflows to prevent this issue. I've tried running cron and clearing the cache with no joy...

The site is question is for my church and is mfbc.limewebs - Thanks in advance for any help.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Post Re: admin/build/modules - going blank
mfbc wrote:
I am experimenting with Lime with intent to move some sites . So far the only negative is when I extract a module in sites/all/modules then the admin/build/modules page is often a blank page. Sometimes I can rename the new module and get the screen back, other times not.

Hi and welcome to LimeDomains. This is sometimes called the "White Screen of Death" in the Drupal community, and unfortunately, there are a wide variety of possible causes, which makes it a bit hard to diagnose. Here's a good list of possible reasons for the error:

http://drupal.org/node/158043

Apparently, this is also sometimes caused if the modules you are attempting to load exceed the default php memory limit. I'm checking to see what the limit is currently set to on the servers, and whether or not we can bump it up a notch or two. I'll post here as soon as I hear back from the admins.

Hope this helps,

John

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:05 pm

The memory limit sounds like a good suspect... The other site where I used Drupal is configured for Drupal and we have increased all the memory limits in PHP. (or so I'm told)

Thanks for the reply...

John (also)

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:58 am

mfbc wrote:
The memory limit sounds like a good suspect... The other site where I used Drupal is configured for Drupal and we have increased all the memory limits in PHP. (or so I'm told)

Thanks for the reply...

John (also)

Hi John. Just a quick update for you - although we do have the memory limit set higher than the default, we're going to boost it a bit further to allow users to load a greater number of modules. Here it is in engineering-speak:

"The limit of 32MB set in the php.ini will be shortly replaced by a
RLimitMEM directive that sets the soft memory limit to 120MB. This
"120MB" is the limit on the Virtual Memory Size of the php-cgi process
which means that this will also contribute towards the loading of the
php-cgi binary and the shared memory objects required by PHP itself."

Since this is a global configuration change - it'll need to go through a bit of QA to make sure it doesn't inadvertently break anything else. I'll post an ETA here as soon as I have one.

Hope this helps,

John

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:29 pm