Buy Domain Name, Domain Name Registration Domain Transfer & Free Web Hosting on LimeDomains
Search for:
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:22 pm

How to transfer drupal site from localhost to limedomains. 

Post How to transfer drupal site from localhost to limedomains.
Hi,

I have a site configured on my localhost...with Drupal..I want to upload it to lime domains ... I don't want to configure it again...I want to use as it is..
how to upload my site along with database...
Kindly Suggest..
Thanks in Advance
:?:
Gaurav Singh
+919456421266

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am

Post Re: How to transfer drupal site from localhost to limedomains.
Hi Gaurav,

You can easily upload your existing site content by using an ftp client like "filezilla". You can first create a ftp user by clicking on the FTP user Management tab in your LimeDomains control panel. Once you get connected via FTP client you can easily drag and drop the desired files from your computer system to the website.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:22 am

Unfortunately, moving an application and its data isn't quite that easy (I wish it was). Drupal stores its data in a MySQL database - so if you just upload the application files, you'll get an empty instance of Drupal. You could keep your local SQL server active and remotely load data from it, but I'm guessing that would defeat the purpose of moving the site to LimeDomains.

Here's the basic process:

- Upload all of the Drupal files to your LimeDomains account, making sure that the file permissions are the same as they are on your local machine
- Create a database user for Drupal on the LimeDomains SQL server
- Edit settings.php to reflect the LimeDomains server name and login info (also edit the site URL, if it is changing)
- Export and import data from your local SQL server to the LD SQL server using PHPmyAdmin

That should do it. If you are using the same exact version of Drupal that we are, you might also be able to install a fresh copy from your LD control panel, and then just import your data using PHPMyAdmin - but not 100% sure on that, so try the above method first.

FYI - We're working with the open source community and other folks in the hosting industry to develop standards that will make the process of migration applications a bit easier.

Hope this helps,

John

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks John..

You have make the picture clear!!

Cheers!

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 am